September 10, 2010 60 Comments
Welcome back! 🙂
As promised, here is the first of my tutorials on EDA in GNU/Linux. In this post we will start with SPICE simulations. Please remember that I’m a total beginner to these tools as well so I could be wrong at places (post a comment and I’d be happy to correct) and that my examples will remain very simple.
For this tutorial you’ll need these tools installed.
- gEDA gschem – A schematic capture program.
- gnetlist – a program that converts your schematic to a netlist.
- ngspice and gnucap – circuit simulators.
- gspiceUI – A graphical circuit simulator.
- gwave – a waveform viewer.
This tutorial assumes that you have taken up a course on basic electronic circuits. It would help if you know how to write a spice netlist but its not a necessity. Read more of this post